Sunday, July 25, 2010

38w 4d pregnant with facial/tongue numbness and eye tics?

Anyone experience something like this? I see my OB tomorrow. He was going to talk to me about inducing anyway because of the size of the baby-nearly 12 pounds. But I am still nervous about bell's palsy or something like that. The numbness is mostly in my mouth region and the tongue. This has been going on since last night. My eye has been twitching for a few days now. Know what this might be?38w 4d pregnant with facial/tongue numbness and eye tics?
I have Bells Palsy which is going on for 3+ years now. It sounds like something else you may have that's probably just nerves. Bells Palsy happens suddenly within a few hours and the symptoms start with the back of your right of left ear with pain. It's like almost having an instant tooth ache that won't go away. For me it started on my right side and behind my ear lobe then to my mouth continuing to the right side of my face and eye. Later in a few hours my mouth started to twitching along with my eye. It's a strange feeling too. The results happened overnight for me. I noticed it when I woke up and looked into the mirror that when I smiled I had a one sided grimace smile with my right eye staying open and not closing when I wink. Furthermore, the inside of the right side of mouth and tongue was also numb too. It's the feeling from coming back from the dentist having Novocaine. Currently, the bottom of the inside of my mouth and tongue are still numb feeling, but my right eye is now winking normally and closing. My smile is finally coming back too. I have a smirk now too, but I still try not to smile showing my teeth since it's one sided. Anyway, I hope this helps you and relieves you of having Bells Palsy. It really brings your self-esteem down. However, after having for 3+ years now, I'm used to it and my self-esteem is back up. You can also go to ';Google'; and search for the images for Bells Palsy to look at the pictures that some brave people have put up. ..Pretty interesting.





Good Luck!38w 4d pregnant with facial/tongue numbness and eye tics?
Sounds to me like Bells Palsy. I have had this once (not during pregnancy) and it apparently happens more with people who are diabetic (I am type 1 insulin dependent). Do you have gestational diabetes, because a 12 lb baby is very very large?? Make sure you mention it to the doctor because it can also be a sign of high blood pressure and an impending stroke. It could also just be from stress.
def sounds like bells palsy to me anyways. my niece suffered it during her labor but then she fully recovered. gd luck

No comments:

Post a Comment