Sunday, July 25, 2010

Is there financial help available for cleft lip/palate facial repairs deemed as non medical-necessities?

I was born w/ a cleft lip/palate, %26amp; my reconstructive surgeries/repairs are still on-going. Unfortunately, my father is very sick, %26amp; a single parent, so we don't have the financial resources to pay for my care. I'm receiving a state-provided health insurance plan, %26amp; have gotten a blessed amount of help from this. My problem is that, understandably, they won't cover anything that isn't a medical necessity, %26amp; at best with this, my face will continue to be ';less than acceptable'; to the rest of ';normal society';. My additional facial problems include a slightly recessed chin, nonsymmetrical lips (coarsely called a unilateral ';hare lip';), %26amp; abnormal lower orbital septums (meaning: I've always had bags under my eyes, which shouldn't occur in young people).


I AM thankful for God's gift of life, %26amp; I don't want to come across as superficial, but the cleft has caused alot of emotional scars. I don't expect perfection; I just want to look normal! Are there any organizations that could help me?Is there financial help available for cleft lip/palate facial repairs deemed as non medical-necessities?
Check out ';operation smile'; and see if they owuld help.

No comments:

Post a Comment