Sunday, July 25, 2010

Has anyone noticed any facial feature changes due to an orthodontic expander?

My son has an underbite and a crossbite and was given an orthodontic expander to spread his palette. I have noticed a change in his facial features and I am worried that his face will not return to normal or normal like features. Has anyone had any experiences with this and if possible do you have a before and after picture just so I can put my mind to ease. Thanks!!Has anyone noticed any facial feature changes due to an orthodontic expander?
My daughter had an expander. The Orthodontist explained it that unfortunately she had inherited one jaw from my family and one from her Dad's family. They just didn't match up. The expander was amazing. I don't think it changed her face, just her jaw. She has a toothpaste ad kind of smile now. Just gorgeous. What you may be seeing as changes in his face are just the normal part of growing up. She also had a crossbite and open bite. (That is when her teeth are shut yet there is an open gap between her upper and lower jaw). Oh, just don't worry. How lucky for your son that you are willing to pay for orthodontics. He will grow up to be a handsome man with a brilliant smile!Has anyone noticed any facial feature changes due to an orthodontic expander?
Yes it will alittle bit you are moving the jaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment