Friday, July 23, 2010

Are there any facial features you only get from your father?

meaning ears, eyes, hands, dimples?Are there any facial features you only get from your father?
No, the traits you get from your parents does not depend on the sex of the parent.





A person has 23 chromosomes each from both parents. One each is made up of Y %26amp; mitochondrial DNA and those two determine a person's sex. Y goes from father to son only. Mitochondrial goes from mother to both sons and daughters but only the daughters pass it on to their children. Y %26amp; Mitochondrial both go back in a straight line virtually unchanged and therefore are used in genealogy as a research tool to match a person to other family trees. However, it represents a tiny part of a person's ancestry.





The other 22 are made up of Autosomal DNA and pretty much determine a person's genetic profile. They determine your appearance, such as pigmentation, height, body and facial shape.


You get Autosomal 50-50 from both parents.


However, when you get back to your grandparents, it is not necessarily a 25-25-25-25 split. You get 50% from your paternal grandparents and 50% from your maternal grandparents but it won't be even steven between your grandmother and grandfather in both cases and this can vary with you and your siblings and the variation has nothing whatsoever to do with your sex or their sex.





Realize your parents have recessive genes that don't show up in their appearance that can show up in yours.





My younger sister and I pretty much have my mother's mouth and shape around the jaw line but we have our paternal grandmother's nose. I definitely have my paternal grandmother's eyebrow line. I have blue eyes like my father and he was plagued with skin cancers as he got older and I had so many precancerous lesions that a doctor gave me a medicine to burn them off. For about a month I looked like I had radiation burns on my face. My younger sister has brown eyes and tans very well.





My older sister looked more like my mother's youngest sister than she did either of my parents. Apparently my mother carried the recessive genes that showed up in my mother's oldest daughter.





I have a bone structure anomaly in my left foot that came from my maternal grandfather. My older sister's granddaughter had the exact same in her right foot. It skipped 3 generations to get to her. A cousin of my grandfather also had the same and she has a great great grandchild with the same anomaly. It skipped 3 generations there also.





It is just a big tossup how genes will land in any one child.Are there any facial features you only get from your father?
People would often say that I was the picture of my father (same eyes, nose, hair color, height and same large hands %26lt;that we use to be able to move in ways that were out of the norm%26gt; and large feet.





I also have my father's extremely conservative and easy-going Hungarian attitude (it takes alot to tick me off, but when I do, my mother's Italian side comes out in full force!)
no
  • makeup companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment